Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Star Spangled Banner pt.2

One thing that I have really missed since I have left my home in the United States is the Star Spangled Banner. It is quite strange now that I am playing in Germany to not hear the National Anthem before a sporting event like I have my entire life in the US. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is something missing when you go from warm-up's listening to "I kissed a girl and I liked it!" and go straight into your league game. There is no time to step back, take a deep breath, and remind yourself that there is a reason that this game is able to take place. I would still like to pay tribute to the German military (which one teammate of mine actually spent 6 years serving for) even if the free government is relatively young but I guess the only remedy is to repeat in my head, "God Bless the USA."

No comments: